-We met a ton of great people this week while contacting and we have a lot of new potential investigators!
-We had a dinner appointment with a sister from Iran and she fed us so much food. We didn't know she was going to feed us so we had already eaten! She just kept giving us more and she made this yogurt stuff that was really really gross. But she tells us that she is our mom and she is so sweet!
-I am learning more about recognizing promptings from the Holy Ghost. I talked with quite a few people this past week because I just felt like I should! And a few of them said they would come to church!
-We are helping a convert get ready to go to the temple. We think that we will actually be able to go with her! It's Sabine and I think I wrote about her a week or two ago.
I'm glad to hear that the family is doing well. I miss you all! Have a great week!
Additional info came in the mail a week later: Sister Funk was on a bus ride for an hour so she gave us more detail:
P-day ends at 6:00 so we are now on our way to a less active appointment. We had a fun day though. Aachen is really beautiful and much smaller and calmer than Koln. We went with our Elders from Koln and met up with the Aachen Elders. The dome is really pretty. We had a fun trip.
To do's this week:
- We tried to track down 10 less actives in Kalk but they have all moved. It was probably the most sketchy city I've been in so far. We actually ran into the same drunk guy we contacted the week earlier, so we gave him a Book of Mormon!
- We woke up super early on Wednesday to get to Solingen in time for my visa appointment. I had to first "apply" in the city and then I can apply for my visa. I should officially get it in a few weeks.
-Our appointment with Oma Jo was interesting! She couldn't find her purse again so we searched for a good hour and finally found it inside another bag. It was funny though because she was searching, but she couldn't remember what she was looking for. She also went in the bathroom and completely forgot we were there. We knocked and she said she was coming and then she forgot again! Bless her heart. We finally got her to come back 1.5 hours later after she had painted her nails and re-did her makeup. She will be moving to an assisted living center soon and I'm so excited for her to not be alone again.
- We missed our first bus and had to take the later one on Thursday, but it was so cool because then we met Susan! She comes from South Africa and she loves God. She is hopefully coming to dinner at the Nowak's on Tuesday so we can teach the 1st lesson.
- We met a guy named Jarus at the Koln University. He was so friendly and he invited us to talk with him while he at lunch. We had a great discussion and it really made us think. Hopefully he will read the Book of Mormon we gave him.
- We had to endure 2 more Bahn strikes. It's really hard because we live so far away and there is only one bus that comes once an hour that takes us home. So when we miss the bus because the trains don't run, we get home so late!
- We finally got curtains in our apartment! The people who do our cleaning checks installed them for us
- Transfers are this week so one of our Elders will probably leave. We are so sad! I really love our Elders. They're so fun and we do a lot together because they can't go alone to all the old ladies in our ward.
- I see why it's important to marry a return missionary!